On Monday 18th September 2023, we will be hosting a Jam Day that will include three different activities as part of the pre-conference. Registered MoodleMoot Global attendees will have the opportunity to book a free place to attend one of these sessions (limited availability)*. Register quickly so you don’t miss out!
- Developers DevJam (all day): We invite developers to attend a whole-day DevJam on the first day of the MoodleMoot Global 2023! The DevJam will include live and hands-on coding. You can bring your own projects and crazy ideas, pick bugs and improvements from the Tracker, or join someone else’s adventure. You won’t be alone! If you’re getting started with Moodle, we’ll also help you learn how to get your contributions on the way to being integrated.
- Learning Designer Jam (afternoon session): Calling all educators, instructional designers, course builders, and other learning enthusiasts to join us for the first-ever Learning Designer Jam session! You’ll work in small teams to design an innovative learning experience in Moodle that supports lifelong learning. Get your creative juices flowing as you brainstorm ideas with your team that explore different aspects of lifelong learning such as microlearning, personalization, social learning, lifelong learning portfolios, analytics, and other relevant concepts your team may bring up. Teams will spend time developing plans, workshopping designs, prototyping courseware, and showing off their final product to other teams. While the ultimate goals for this event are building community, learning, and fun, a panel of judges made up of experienced Moodlers will choose a winning team, so a healthy spirit of competition is encouraged. Don’t miss this chance to collaborate with fellow learning designers, build something new, and have fun!
- UX Jam (afternoon session): Join a hands-on session with some of the Moodle HQ’s UX team members. Including:
- An icebreaker to get to know everyone.
- A group activity where we’ll apply Design Thinking to solve a real problem in Moodle.
- A Q&A session with the Moodle team to answer all your questions about our UX process.
- An overview of Moodle’s recent big UX wins.
*The cost of attending the Jam Day is included in the event price and your preferred activity can be booked through the event registration process. But places are limited, so register soon to avoid disappointment.