WELCOME TO CAPE TOWN FOR THE FIRST EVER #MOOTAFR18
Moodlers, we’re so pleased to host the first ever MoodleMoot Africa 2018 in Cape Town, South Africa, from 11 – 12 October.
We at Moodle HQ, together with our Moodle Partners in Africa – AOSIS and eThink Education – invite you to join us for two days of learning, collaborating, sharing ideas and networking.
Be part of the first MoodleMoot Africa 2018 with us!
GET INVOLVED WITH #MOOTAFR18 BY SHARING YOUR MOODLE STORIES!
We recently talked to Mentoring Community of Practice Project in Rwanda and Green Rice Africa in Benin about how Moodle’s open source, cost effective and powerful online learning platform is helping educators to empower young people with quality education and a more secure future.
Have you got a similar story or project with Moodle or other edtech research? If you do, we want to hear all about it.
JOIN US IN CAPE TOWN FOR TWO FULL DAYS OF MOODLE & EDTECH
Attend our two day MoodleMoot Africa 2018 event from 11 – 12 October for two days of learning, collaborating and sharing of ideas, focussed on the following themes:
- Moodle for the workplace
- Moodle in education
- Moodle development
- Creative uses of Moodle as an organisational online solution
MoodleMoot Africa 2018 will be held from 11 – 12 October at the Cape Town International Convention Centre, with a focus on encouraging collaboration and sharing of best practices of our open source learning platform.
MoodleMoots are the place to recharge your practice: discover the state of the art in online learning, meet peers using Moodle in other institutions, and share your discoveries in an open, inclusive environment.
Enhancing your Moodle site, discovering the plugin you need or finding new ways to empower your e-learning project are only some of the things that our MootAFR18 sponsors can do for you. Attend their presentations at the Moot and talk to them in the exhibition area to hear their ideas and insights about edtech!
Today we talk to our sponsor AOSIS about who they are and their participation in the Moot.
Moodle HQ: Let’s start with a summary of what is AOSIS, and what services Moodlers can access from AOSIS to enhance or extend their sites?
AOSIS: AOSIS provides eLearning solutions that allow you to offer your own courses online.
As South Africa’s only Certified Moodle Partner™, we develop customised Moodle® platforms that meet your organisation’s needs and maximise efficacy through training and support. By paying in South African Rand, our clients from across the world can optimise their Learning Management System (LMS) spend by transforming learning content into affordable and sustainable courseware, suitable both for online teaching and for blended learning.
Our services include:
- Consulting: Prior in-depth investigation for your eLearning recommendation.
- System Design: A tailored system design for maximum engagement and effectiveness.
- System Integration: Integrate your existing systems and other popular software to work seamlessly together with your Moodle site.
- System Maintenance and Hosting: Effective system functioning, data security and affordable hosting.
- Support: Technical and system administrator enquiries.
- Courseware Design and Production: Content transformation and production for online learning and knowledge retention.
- Training: Comprehensive Moodle training – from new course setup to system administration.
Moodle HQ: What will AOSIS be presenting at MoodleMoot Africa 2018? What topics or tracks can we look forward to?
- [Moodle in education track] A case study on how we successfully customised Moodle to facilitate Continuing Professional Development online courses for the healthcare sector.
- [Moodle developments track] A case study which covers examples of Moodle enhancements we developed for clients and how that changed their training environments.
Moodle HQ: What can attendees expect from visiting the AOSIS stand at MoodleMoot Africa 2018?
AOSIS: They can meet the AOSIS team, view examples of our work and learn more about our service by receiving brochures.
Moodle HQ: Lastly, how can someone keep in touch with information and updates from AOSIS?
AOSIS: Subscribe to our mailing list at https://goo.gl/3zuh2R OR place your business cards in a box at our stall and we’ll subscribe you to stay connected.