Welcome to Cape Town, South Africa!
Moodlers, we’re pleased to be holding the first MoodleMoot Africa conference at the Cape Town International Convention Centre Company, from 11 – 12 October 2018. Many of us from Moodle HQ will be there and we’re looking forward to seeing you soon!
Let’s get together!
As well as sharing new experiences and results through presentations to each other, Moodlemoots are about networking, connecting with other Moodlers like yourself and discovering people you can keep in touch with all year round.
So we’re making sure there are plenty of social events throughout the conference, and especially a big Moodle Party on the last day, after two full days of learning!
What is a MoodleMoot?
A MoodleMoot is a conference dedicated to users, developers and administrators of the very popular open-source course management system called Moodle.
How to get involved in Moot Africa 2018?
Submit a proposal and share your Moodle story
What have you been doing with Moodle in your workplace, organisation or school? How are you using Moodle to empower your educators and others to improve our world?
We recently talked to Mentoring Community of Practice Project in Rwanda and Green Rice Africa in Benin about how Moodle’s open source, cost effective and powerful online learning platform is helping educators to empower young people with quality education and a more secure future.
Have you got a similar story or project with Moodle or other edtech research?
If you do, we want to hear all about it!
Submit a proposal today so you can present at our MoodleMoot Africa 2018.
Attend a MoodleMoot and collaborate with Moodlers
Attend our two day MoodleMoot Africa 2018 event from 11 – 12 October for two days of learning, collaborating and sharing of ideas, focussed on the following themes:
- Moodle for the workplace – how can moodle be used to meet / support company goals and objectives?
- Moodle in education – how is Moodle advancing open, quality, collaborative and accessible education?
- Creative uses of Moodle as an organisational online solution – how is moodle being used creatively to empower educators to improve our world?
- Moodle development – what is the latest in cloud, what are new Moodle features and capabilities to make the learning platform more powerful?
In addition, do you want to know more about learning analytics in Moodle?
What about using the Moodle Mobile App? Or about gamification and accessibility in Moodle?
Moodle HQ team members with our Moodle Partners will also conduct a series of workshops for professional development on all of the above.
Help us spread the word about #MootAF18
It’s our first Moot in Africa and we need your help Moodlers to help spread the word to your peers, colleagues or anyone else you know who will benefit from being a part of this conference.
Here are some ways to help spread the word:
- Direct people to our MoodleMoot Africa Twitter channel for all the information and latest updates, and share our Tweets;
- Share our website – https://moodlemoot.org/mootafr18 – and encourage registration to our e-newsletter;
- Post, talk or email in your networks about #MootAF18. Here’s a short little text to help you on your sharing:
Moodle HQ and Moodle Partners in Africa, invites all Moodlers to be part of the first ever MoodleMoot Africa in Cape Town from 11 – 12 October. Find out what exciting things are being planned and how to get involved at https://moodlemoot.org/mootafr18
Sponsor and support #MootAFR18
Our sponsors at every MoodleMoot are integral to the success of our conference.
Their support help us in delivering quality and innovative events.
Do you know of any organisations who can compliment our MoodleMoot Africa conference? If so, please let them know to get in contact with us at firstname.lastname@example.org for a copy of our supporter pack and benefits!