Moodlers in Africa! We'd love you to join us at #MootAFR19
We at Moodle HQ, are abuzz with the excitement of launching MoodleMoot Africa 2019.
Yes you heard right Moodlers!
We are bringing together our community across the continent for a face to face gathering on the 23 October 2019 at the Sofitel Abidjan Hotel Ivoire Côte d’Ivoire.
We will be crossing across the globe to be with you because we recognise the importance of meeting offline to collaboratively share ideas, network and get to know each other.
As our Moodle Founder and CEO, Martin Dougiamas, said:
“MoodleMoots are the place to recharge your practice: discover the state of the art in online learning, meet peers using Moodle in other institutions, and share your discoveries in an open, inclusive environment.”
So Moodlers in Africa and surrounding regions, would you like to get involved in MoodleMoot Africa 2019?
There are many ways to get involved, let’s find out how!
Submit a proposal and share your Moodle story
What have you been doing with Moodle in your workplace, organisation or school? How are you using Moodle to empower your educators and others to improve our world?
We recently talked to Mentoring Community of Practice Project in Rwanda and Green Rice Africa in Benin about how Moodle’s open source, cost effective and powerful online learning platform is helping educators to empower young people with quality education and a more secure future.
Have you got a similar story or project with Moodle or other edtech research?
If you do, we want to hear all about it!
Submit a proposal today so you can present at our MoodleMoot Africa 2019.
Attend a MoodleMoot and collaborate with Moodlers
Attend our MoodleMoot Africa 2019 event on the 23rd October for a full day of learning, collaborating and sharing of ideas, focussed on the following themes:
- Moodle for the workplace – how can moodle be used to meet / support company goals and objectives?
- Moodle in education – how is Moodle advancing open, quality, collaborative and accessible education?
- Creative uses of Moodle as an organisational online solution – how is moodle being used creatively to empower educators to improve our world?
- Moodle development – what is the latest in cloud, what are new Moodle features and capabilities to make the learning platform more powerful?
In addition, do you want to know more about learning analytics in Moodle?
What about using the Moodle Mobile App? Or about gamification and accessibility in Moodle?
Moodle HQ team members with our Moodle Partners will also conduct a series of workshops for professional development on all of the above.
Help us spread the word about #MootAFR19
We need your help Moodlers to help spread the word to your peers, colleagues or anyone else you know who will benefit from being a part of this conference.
Here are some ways to help spread the word:
- Direct people to our MoodleMoot Africa Twitter channel for all the information and latest updates, and share our Tweets;
- Share our website – https://moodlemoot.org/mootafr19 – and encourage registration to our e-newsletter;
- Post, talk or email in your networks about #MootAFR19. Here’s a short little text to help you on your sharing:
Moodle HQ and Moodle Partners in Africa, invites all Moodlers to attend MoodleMoot Africa in Abidjan Côte d’Ivoire on the 23rd October. Find out what exciting things are being planned and how to get involved at https://moodlemoot.org/mootafr19
We are pleased to announce that there will be no complusory registration fee to attend MoodleMoot Africa 2019.
However there are costs that we would like help with offsetting! To help us keep delivering quality and innovative events, we’d appreciate a donation of any size. All donations go towards our Moodle Open source project.
So, what do you think Moodlers?
Are you as excited as us to get involved in MoodleMoot Africa?
We hope so and we look forward to revealing more as we continue with our planning to make this Moot one of the best in our conference calendar.