GFOSS – Open Technologies Alliance and the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki in collaboration with educational associations organize on the 28th & 29th of November 2019, the 3rd MoodleMoot Greece Conference, and invite all interested persons to submit their proposals by September 30, 2019. The conference will be held at the Library & Information Centre of the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki.
Purpose of MoodleMoot Greece 2019
Its purpose is to promote a fruitful and creative dialogue in the educational community about the use of Moodle, to highlight its good practices in Greece, as well as to present innovative uses of Moodle operations in Greece and internationally.
- Moodle in Primary and Secondary Education
- Moodle in Tertiary Education
- Using Moodle in a corporate environment
- Mobile Learning
- Learning analytics
- Gamification in Moodle
- Management and development of Moodle Platform
- Extensions and interoperability with other platforms
The conference is mainly aimed at:
- Educators of Primary & Secondary Education.
- Members of the Academic-Research Community.
- Researchers in Education.
- Adult Trainers.
- Public and private companies and organizations that are using Moodle
Proposals may be submitted by anyone regardless of institutional affiliation: K-12, higher education, library, non-profit organization, business, etc. Commercial products or services may not be presented unless a sponsor’s fee has been paid.
You may submit multiple proposals. We are interested in a wide range of topics, with special interest in:
- Instruction: web-enhanced, blended or online course design or examples; tutorials; self-paced courses; employee orientation instruction; faculty training and development..
- Moodle System Administration: best practices; innovative solutions to system integration; branding and customization; version upgrades; data migration from other systems.
- Here’s How I Did It!: a demonstration of your Moodle courses and how you use a variety of Moodle tools.
- Best Practices: innovative and effective ways to use Moodle for online education, including the use of Web 2.0 tools, video, graphics, social networks, etc.
- Using Moodle in Business: business and industry applications of Moodle.
- Professional Training: uses of Moodle for professional or business training and education programs.
- Moodle Integration: integration of Moodle with other tools such as Google Apps, Facebook, YouTube, web conferencing software, or e-portfolio software.
Oral Presentation (abstract length: max 350 words – length of session: 20 minutes)
Authors may present usage studies on classroom level interventions, innovative approaches on institutional level, experiences on development and/or implementation of community plugins and academic researches on the use of Moodle in education.
Workshops (abstract length: max 350 words – length of session: 90 minutes)
Authors introduce a learning experience for the participants while ensuring active participation to the session
During submission, authors must keep in mind to add the following information:
- Number of users using Moodle
- Duration of Moodle usage
- Expected outcomes and advantages
- Innovative elements of proposal
- Core or third-party plugins used and/or developed
By submitting, the authors agree that they, or their employer, retain copyright, but that the presentation should be licensed so that others can re-use it freely, non-commercially (for example with creative commons). Please note that the organisers will need full distribution rights to distribute your presentation electronically as part of the MoodleMoot.
|Abstract Submission||30 September|
|Notification of Acceptance||20 October|
|Early-bird registration||31 October|
|Late registration||22 November|