Good news Moodlers!
Our friends at WIRIS, creators of maths and science learning tools that can be integrated with your Moodle sites will be at #MootIEUK18 in Glasgow, from 26- 28 March.
We are excited to hear that Pablo Guerrero, account manager at WIRIS, will join us to talk about the latest in enhancing maths and science learning for your students.
Let’s find out more in this interview.
- Moodle HQ: Pablo, for those unfamiliar with WIRIS’s work, would you be able to please provide a bit of a background?
- Pablo: Thanks for the introduction. WIRIS is a family of tools for teaching and learning mathematics and STEM related topics. We are the leading solution to create math equations on LMS platforms such as Moodle. We recently joined forces with Design Science, makers of MathType.
- Moodle HQ: What can Moodlers expect or look forward to from WIRIS’s presence at the upcoming MoodleMoot UK & Ireland 2018 in Glasgow?
- Pablo: We’ll be presenting our solutions for Moodle, MathType, a visual equation editor boosted with handwriting math as an input method. And WIRIS QUIZZES, a bunch of new question types focused on features for STEM assessment.
- Moodle HQ: What has been one of the best and memorable Moodle projects that WIRIS has worked on and supported?
- Pablo: Well, there are many projects in which we have worked along with institutions, to create better math and science content for online learning courses. We have worked with Moodle HQ to include WIRIS tools in MoodleCloud for example.
- Moodle HQ: How can Moodlers stay in touch with news from WIRIS or find out more about your company?
- Pablo: You can stay tuned with WIRIS through our webpage wiris.com, and social networks @wirismath.
Don’t miss Pablo at #MootIEUK18 and get the latest on what’s coming up and available from WIRIS by joining us in Glasgow.