|Session Type||Duration||Description||Abstract Length||Main Themes|
|Academic Proposals (peer reviewed)|
|Presentation||40 mins or 90 mins||This is the 'standard' presentation type. Submissions can be research oriented (Papers) or more practical descriptions of work in progress or completed projects (Show & Tell). Choose the 90 mins type if you plan to involve the audience in some kind of discussion as part or all of your presentation.||150-200 words or kanji equivalent (375-500 characters)||
For sub-themes see the Call for Presentations
|Showcase||up to 90 mins||Showcases are electronic poster-presentations. They are an opportunity for you to show others your own Moodle course(s), or your institutions' Moodle web site to the MoodleMoot participants in a more relaxed setting where the participants are more free to ask questions.|
|Lightning Talk||5 to 10 mins (including changeover time)||Chose this type to present just a single idea, concept, method or opinion about Moodle. Three to four LTs will be placed back-to-back in 40-minute timeslots, and eight or nine LTs in 90-minute timeslots.||75-100 words or kanji equivalent (180-250 characters)||As above plus:
|Non-Academic AND Non-Commercial Proposals (peer reviewed)|
|Case Study||20 mins||This is for people in a non-academic field to report on a practical merit of using Moodle for employee training, service enhancement, efficient in-house communication, etc. Any commercial element must be avoided. Company or product names should not appear in the title nor in the abstract.||75-100 words or kanji equivalent (180-250 characters)||
|Workshop and Genius Bar Proposals (assessed for suitability by the Workshop coordinator)|
|Workshop||90 mins||Choose this type if you plan to do a hands-on, how-to type of presentation.||150-200 words or kanji equivalent (375-500 characters)||
|Genius Bar||up to 90 mins||Please volunteer to be a Moodle Genius if you believe that you will be able to answer attendees' Moodle questions: you can specify your field of Moodle expertise.||You will be asked to indicate your area(s) of Moodle expertise.||Example areas of expertise:
|Commercial presentation||40 mins or 90 mins||For commercial organizations or individuals wishing to present a Moodle related product or service.||175-200 words or kanji equivalent (375-500 characters)||Publicity for a Moodle Moodle related product or service|
|Commercial Lightning Talk||5 to 10 mins (includes changeover time)||For commercial organizations or individuals wishing to present just a single Moodle related product or service.||75-100 words or kanji equivalent (180-250 characters)|
- All submissions MUST be within the specified word count. Please understand that any submissions that are too short or too long will be automatically rejected.
- All coauthors are strongly encouraged to register AND to present at the Moot. Any coauthor who has not registered to attend the Moot may be listed in the program as a “non-attending co-author”.
- Submissions may be in English or Japanese. If accepted, you will be given the option of submitting a Japanese or English version of your abstract.
- Please understand that with the exception Workshops and the Genius Bar, there is a restriction of one presentation per person.
- Eligibility for Commercial Presentations (all forms of presentations including lightning talks, workshops, and others) are limited to the current Sponsors of the Moodle Association of Japan, or those who will complete application procedure by the time of Moodle Moot.
Also, please read the MAJ Policies for Proposal Submissions