Moodle is the world’s open source learning platform designed to empower educators with powerful and flexible learning tools to engage their learners and improve the world.
The Moodle open-source project is run by Moodle Pty Ltd from Perth, Australia (widely known as Moodle HQ) with the help of a global community of Moodle Partners and users worldwide. Our community work together and help each other on moodle.org (itself a Moodle site), where they collaborate in Moodle forums, contribute to wiki-based Moodle Documentation, report bugs and work on new features in the Moodle Tracker and offer to translations to the Moodle Translation portal (which means you can use Moodle in over 100 languages!).
With Moodle Mobile, the official mobile app for Moodle, you can
- Browse the content of your courses, even when offline
- Receive instant notifications of messages and other events
- Quickly find and contact other people in your courses
- Upload images, audio, videos and other files from your mobile device
- Track your progress, mark tasks as complete and browse your learning plans
- Attempt quizzes, post in forums and edit wiki pages
- View your course grades
… and lots more – see the full list of Moodle Mobile features.
Blindside Networks started the BigBlueButton project in 2008 with one goal: to provide remote students a high-quality online learning experience.
BigBlueButton is an open source web conferencing system for online learning. It enables teachers to engage remote students with real-time sharing of audio, video, presentation, chat, desktop, and polls. BigBlueButton has deep integrations with Moodle via the BigBlueButtonBN Moodle plugin (ranked #9 in overall downloads at moodle.org)
Blindside Networks provides commercial hosting and support for BigBlueButton to the Moodle community.